How does October 2 sound for Emma's arrival date?! At our doctor's appointment today, she is measuring around 7.5 lbs and looks great. But because my blood pressure is slightly elevated (not bad) and we're at 39 weeks already, and the fact that she's a good size and I've started to dilate/efface on my own, the doctor feels it's a good idea to encourage her to come on out. I think they might be concerned about her head growing too much if she "bakes" much longer because she's still not dropped down very far. But that's just my opinion.
So, the plan is to admit me to the hospital on WEDNESDAY night to begin a 2-stage induction. I'll see our OB that afternoon for one more check. Then when admitted, I'll get a medication that softens the cervix and gets things started. Once that kicks in, they'll start pitocin to regulate things and really get it moving. From there, we'll just have to wait and see...but she should arrive sometime Thursday.
We're very excited to know we'll be meeting Emma very soon. We'd appreciate your prayers, and will update as soon as we can. Love to you all!
5 weeks ago