Sunday, April 27, 2008

17 Week Update

Well, on Wednesday we hit the 17 week mark.  In my last blog, I said 17, but was a bit ahead of myself.  Think I'm anxious to make it to each week.  This means we're almost at the 5 month mark - so amazing how fast time is flying by!  

I posted a few photos (see to the left).  Until I saw the picture from this week, I don't think I realized how much by belly has grown already.  Of course, I started on the "lovably huggable" soft chubby side, but keep in mind I wasn't nearly this ROUND out front - promise!  WOW - guess there really is a baby in there. :)  With the growing belly, I've found myself beginning to rub my belly at night without even realizing it.  I feel proud of my mommy-bump, but also protective. Eric talks once and a while to the baby - usually to say good night or good morning.  So sweet.  He just has to learn that there's no reason to yell for the little squirt to hear him. :)

The only other update is about something that happened yesterday.  I had a scary dizzy spell in the bathroom.  I was standing at the mirror for several minutes (grooming) and suddenly felt light headed, dizzy, had blurry vision, and heard ringing in my ears. I sat down on the toilet to gain my composure and had to wait a few minutes for it to start to pass.  Eric was at church rehearsing with our children's choirs for a play they did today, so I called him since I didn't like being at home alone and feeling like I might faint.  He came right home, but also suggested I call the on-call nurse with our OB.  I should have thought of that.  When I told her what happened, she asked a few follow up questions, and since I wasn't experiencing any other symptoms she decided it was probably nothing major.  I laid down for about an hour, relaxed, drank some water, and felt better by the time I got up.  Looking back, we think I might have had my knees locked or something standing for so many minutes - lame, huh?  But a good lesson for me to pay more attention to what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.  So far, have felt back to normal - but since my blood pressure has been up a bit we're going to keep an eye on it.

One more week until we go for our ultrasound!  So, hopefully our next posting will have some EXCITING news!  Be sure to check back - we plan to post about once a week unless there's something special to tell you about.

Thanks again for your love and support. 

2 comments:

Nana said...

What a lovely "Mommy-bump"! What a difference a week can make..."she" is growing really fast!!

Love you 3 ~

Nana

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. Now I can track your pregnancy. Thanks for thinking about us that aren't close enough to see you and watch it happen in person. That is very considerate.